Friday, December 11, 2009

- Visit a Concentration Camp

I think this is an important list item just because we need to look back at our history and understand how the hell evil like this happens.


"Arbeit Macht Frei" - "Work sets you free" Total shite.

I chose to go to the Sachenhausen camp on the outskirts of Berlin. Sachenhausen was one of the first concentration camps. It was mainly reserved for political prisoners but was also used as a halfway for Jewish, Gypsy and homosexual prisoners to be sent to other camps such as Auschwitz and even served as abit of a tester as to what kind of evil was possible on a larger scale.

It was a pretty intense day folks. With alot of my list items, I'm not really satisfied in one sitting but I can honestly say that this is not something I want to do again. It was incredibly interesting and by all means an important piece of history to understand but when it got to this point:



(A temporary morgue)

And especially this point:




(medical testing tables)

It all just became too much for me.


Visit a Concentration Camp - Check :(

No comments:

Post a Comment