Tuesday, December 15, 2009

- Climb Walsh's Pyramid.

I have lived in Cairns and Gordonvale for most of my life and have never climbed this thing.



At 922 meters, Walsh's Pyramid is the biggest natural pyramid in the world (Thankyou Cairns Post for that useless and probably false piece of information).

When I was about 13 my family tried it as a bonding experience but decided that dad couldn't put up with the whinging at half way and called it quits. Round two (SEVEN YEARS LATER) nearly got me again. I'd lay alot of the blame in this sign that some blessed angel took apon themselves to create:




This is the single most soul destroying thing to have ever been spraypainted. Anywhere. I think at this point I had already vomited and knew all too well that the hardest climb was yet to come.


BUT... I climbed it. At the moment I'd say I am in a pretty considerable amount of pain but it was well worth it for views like this at 8am:





-Climb Walsh's Pyramid - Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment