Sunday, December 20, 2009

- Get back to my roots

I'm going to tell you a little bit about my family :)

My mum is a kiwi and my dad is an aussie. They met on Thursday Island when mum was working as a bar girl. Telstra worker meets beer provider. Romantic...

Being a telecom technician in Weipa (all the way up nowhere), Dad had to go away often. Being a pregnant woman in Weipa, mum was shipped down to Cairns often. When these two scenarios happen at the same time, you get a cranky kiwi who just wants her mummy.

THIS is why I was born in New Zealand. I love Serendipity.

Alas, my mother did return to Australia soon after my birth so I have never really lived in my birth country.

For the life of me, I cannot wrap my head around this.


and THAT is why 19 hours from now, I will board a plane with a measly backpack of my belongings and get my New Zealand on!


This is gonna be flippin sweet.







- Get back to my roots - In Progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment